Just like everything else in life, discipline is important in investing as well. It helps in keeping emotions out of investment decisions.
As you already know, starting an SIP is one of the best ways to ensure investing discipline. Not only it makes timing the market unnecessary but also helps you weather low market periods in a better way. You can read more about the benefits of SIP here.
In our constant efforts to make investing more enjoyable for you, we recently made a few improvements just focused on SIP.
- You can now buy a smallcase and set an SIP reminder in 1 click!
- The SIP amount can now be set lower than the minimum investment amount for the smallcase.
The first one is fairly straightforward – as soon as you confirm the investment amount while buying a smallcase, you’ll see a popup with the ‘Monthly SIP reminder’ option checked. You just have to click on ‘Buy & Start SIP’ and a SIP due reminder will automatically be sent to you. Earlier, starting an SIP required a separate process and was only possible after buying a smallcase. Due to this new merger of Buy + SIP, it’s much more easy & seamless now.
By default, the SIP frequency is monthly and the SIP amount is set as Rs.5000 which is the minimum SIP amount. You can edit your SIP configuration any time as you like.
The minimum SIP amount for a smallcase is intelligently calculated by our proprietary algorithm.
Interesting isn’t it? 🙂
Moving on to the second big improvement, you can now set an SIP amount less than the minimum investment amount for the smallcase.
There are two parts to it:
- Earlier, SIP logic was the same as the one used for ‘Invest More’. This essentially meant that when placing an SIP order, you were buying all the stocks again (with prescribed weights). Thus, for every SIP order, you had to invest an amount more than the minimum investment amount of the smallcase.
- Now, in the new SIP logic, we are not buying all the stocks in one go. Instead, we are splitting the purchase across subsequent SIPs. Based on our proprietary logic, we are selecting individual stocks to be bought in each SIP instalment. Since the number of stocks purchased is less, the SIP amount can now be less than the minimum investment amount of the smallcase.
How do these improvements benefit you?
- You can start investing systematically through SIP reminders. This is important in the purview of your long term goals. On every due date, we will send you an email & push notification through which you can easily pay your SIP instalment. No hassle of extra clicks for starting an SIP, it’s all in one place making the process simpler & faster.
- You have the flexibility to choose the SIP amount. So, if you initially want to start with small SIP amounts in your invested smallcase, you can do so. Once you get more comfortable, you can increase the SIP amount. For example, say you like the idea of investing in the companies that own the favourite brands of new India – Brand Value smallcase. Now, the minimum investment amount for this smallcase is ₹30,768. However, the SIP amount can be set to as low as ₹5000.
Hope these improvements will help in enriching your investing experience. We’ll continue to work on bringing more such enhancements in the future.
Invest in ideas you believe in