smallcase is the easiest way to invest in portfolios of stocks
Portfolio investing is the best & right way to invest in the stock markets, since you are taking a diversified approach to investing in stocks. Also, on smallcase – each portfolio is tied to a market theme, trending idea or a model strategy helping you take an informed decision about where your money is going.
However, investing in portfolios is a cumbersome process, involving at least 3 different portals and four steps (that take a lot of time, and clicks).
- Discover/Create – finding portfolio-related research or creating your own portfolio happens on different platforms – your broker research, advisory, screeners, etc
- Buy – to buy a portfolio of 20 stocks, it takes you over 100 clicks/20 minutes to buy each stock
- Track – since brokerage interfaces do not support multiple portfolio tracking, you have to export your portfolios onto spreadsheets or portfolio tracking apps & tools to see how they’re performing
- Manage – investing more in a specific portfolio, or rebalancing/exiting the portfolio takes another 120+ clicks on your broker interface
With smallcase – you can buy & manage portfolios in 2-clicks, seamlessly integrated with your broker. You can choose from multiple ready-made smallcases to start investing in. Moreover, we work with independent research firms and advisors who create smallcases for retail investors like you to invest in. Check out the different smallcase creators and their smallcases here.
The ‘Create your smallcase’ flow helps you build your own portfolios and invest in them easily
In 3 steps, you can create your smallcase and invest in it immediately
1. Select your stocks & organize them by segments
- A smallcase is a weighted list of upto 50 stocks
- Get started with adding a stock, and use the similar stocks widget to see more stocks in the same sector
- Once you have added all your required stocks, use ‘segments’ to organize and categorize them as shown
2. Assign a weighting scheme for these stocks, or weight them individually
- You can pick between an Equi-weighted or Market Cap-weighted scheme to weight your smallcase
- Else, you can assign individual weights to your stocks or even choose the number of shares for each stock
- While assigning weights, you can see the final weights/shares for that stock along with the minimum investment amount for this smallcase
- This minimum amount ensures you’re buying the stocks with the weights that you have allocated
3. See the past performance of your created smallcase & buy it instantly
- While adding your stocks, and assigning weights – you can see how the smallcase would have performed in the last 1 year with respect to the general market (Nifty)
- Once you are happy with the stocks, weights – you can add details for your smallcase – image, name, overviewand buy it immediately
- Or you can also save your smallcase for later, track it on your Drafts page and buy it whenever else you feel like
Get started here.
Watch the video below to understand the flow better!
Customize an existing smallcase
You can also use an existing smallcase to start with, and customize the stocks (add or remove stocks), change weights and then buy. When you do this, you will not receive any updates made to the original version of the smallcase though – so only customize a smallcase if you know what you’re doing
You can customize a smallcase from the Stocks & Weights tab of that smallcase page
With this feature, it’s now easy to create, buy, track & manage multiple portfolios for different use-cases you may have for example: Long Term Bets, Stocks for April, Dad’s Portfolio, Kids’ education etc
The fees for buying a customized/created smallcase are the same at a flat ₹100 for each smallcase. No additional charges from our end when you invest more, add/remove stocks or exit your smallcase
- You can only add NSE stocks to create/customize your smallcase
- Your smallcase will be private and will be visible only to you, however you can chose to share your smallcase with your friends/family.
We’re adding more options to help you create your smallcase better & easier – better way to select your stocks, easier weighting options, SIP flow, etc. Do let us know how we could improve this experience further for you, by commenting below or writing to us at email@example.com